Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Weekend


What a beautiful, hot, relaxing, and perfect weekend.  With the mercury climbing past 90 we escaped the the city and ventured to the coast of Pure Michigan.  The fresh lake breeze was so exhilarating.  Summer has arrived (regardless what the calendar says). 
I have so enjoyed watching many of Baleigh's "firsts".  It seems that we have been experiencing a LOT recently.  Last Monday she decided that it was time to start crawling.  So at 9 1/2 months my baby is crawling.  Well kind of.  It's a mix of a crawl and a gimp leg drag.  Adorable, that's what I call it.  Just adorable.  Now that she's crawling that also means that she's pulling herself up on EVERYTHING.  I love seeing those chunky legs pulling herself up.  They make my heart just melt.  Watching her walk up and down the side of the couch is just mind boggling.  I can't believe all of the developments and milestones that are reached in just 10 short months.  A-mazing. 
This beach trip was her first...granted there was no swimming involved (the lake was a frigid 40 degrees! No thanks), we did dig our piggies down in the cool sand.  Baleigh had a great time discovering all of the fun things to do with sand.  Here are a few pics from our trip

 
She had constant smiles the whole time


I love all things ruffles for baby girls. Sun hats are no exception




My fav. 

Daddy burying her piggies in the sand. I think she was amazed.



My favorite thing ever...Kaleb wrapping his arms around our little girl


sleepy babe

3 comments:

Gary and Linda Beggs said...

LOVE the pics. Thanks for sharing your weekend. Hugs!

Unknown said...

Girl, you take such amazing pictures! Thanks for sharing. Love you and hope to see you soon!

Jenna Spears said...

Just catching up on blogging!! She is growing so fast!!! Crawling and pulling herself up, you just wait, those first steps will come in no time!!!! :-)